Pages

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dreaming of the Country

It has been my dream for a very long time to move out to the country. Perhaps it's the lure of a simpler life that draws me, or the thought of fresh breezes instead of waves of exhaust fumes.
I grew up in a rural area, but when I moved away to the "big city" for school, I vowed I would never return. Now, after too many years of fighting traffic, noise, and pollution every day, the country beckons insistently. 
In my mind's eye, I can even picture exactly what my future home will be like--a modest house on a large wooded lot with room for a small pond. At least this part of my dream is reality; Hubby and I actually own an acreage out in the country with everything a homesteader could want. There is abundant water from a natural spring, trees of every kind, and best of all, a fruit orchard!
When we visit on summer weekends, it is perfectly idyllic. We cook and dine al fresco, keep ourselves busy with outdoor chores, and when that pales, retire to our hammocks. There we gently sway between green grass and blue sky, under the dappled shade of leafy trees. A breeze always seems to blow, even on the hottest of summer days. No worry bothers us there, and no haste quickens our steps. We work, eat and sleep to the rhythms of nature.
This is my dream and one day it will come true...

No comments: