Pages

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Doggone It!

   Freedom of speech is what allows me to express my opinion, even if it clashes with yours, without fear of reprisal. Having said that, there may well be some of you who won't like me much after this:
  Pet (or should I say companion animal) owners who don't properly train their pets should get remedial training themselves.  It ought to be mandatory for all prospective pet owners to be tested for compatibility, patience, determination, and the willingness to discipline when need be.

  Our "visiting" dog has confirmed to me that I am not a true dog lover, if being a dog lover means allowing it to bark nonstop, sleep on your bed, or beg at the table. Growing up, there were always dogs and cats in the house, but they had been trained (and not with physical discipline) to sleep in their own sleeping spots and bark only once or twice to be let out.

   After six nights of whining and barking, I'm ready to throw in the towel. If it weren't for allergies, the dog would be allowed to sleep in our bedroom (but not on the bed).  However, since he is not my dog, all his neuroses and problems are things that must be dealt with until the owner is able to care for him again.

   The last straw has been the damage in our downstairs bedroom. If there is a pet owner's fairy somewhere out there, please rescue me!

1 comment:

SnortyBurrito said...

What damage did he do? :(