Pages

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Detours

One of our favourite rituals is stopping at the DQ for a Blizzard on our way back from the country. The first time the two of us dropped by, I turned my nose up at ice cream (gasp! think of all those calories! besides, it's soft-serve...), opting for a coffee instead.

But bit by bit, weekend by weekend, the sight of the obvious relish with which D.H. devoured his Blizzard convinced me to try a chocolate-dipped cone instead. The rationale was that at least it was less fattening than his choice. Now, four years later, I am a truly devoted Blizzard fan. This past weekend the special was one that was loaded with chocolate chunks, whole peanuts, chocolate syrup, and vanilla soft-serve ice cream. Mmmm, heaven! We ordered a large one with two spoons and dug in.

As I was finishing the very last spoon, and licking it to boot, hubby burst out laughing. I looked over to see what had caused his outburst. He had picked up the local newsletter beside the cash register, and was reading the horoscopes. He pushed it over to me, still laughing.

I checked for my horoscope; under the heading, Virgo, this is what I saw: "A diet or a budget is likely to go out the window right now."!!

I tell you, someone has definitely been spying on me...

No comments: