Pages

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Sweet Smell of Success

Ssssst! Sssst! Hunky Guy down the hall saunters past my office and a sickeningly sweet odour drifts in.

Sssst! Sssst! More perfume... My head is swimming. I pop over into Esteemed Co-Worker's office. "What's going on?! The plants on my desk are about to expire from the smell!"

"That's just Hunky Guy. He has a sensitive nose, you know." R-e-e-a-l-ly....
Oh no, did I forget the deodorant this morning? Perhaps I should have brought home my sneakers last month...and hard-boiled eggs are definitely off the luncheon menu now...

Feeling very self-conscious, I slink into the ladies' room and surreptitiously sniff my pits. Nah, not me! Nevertheless, I wet some scratchy brown paper towel, futilely dab at the pits, and dry off.

After a week of surreptitious Febreze raids, and equally furtive pit-sniffing, Co-worker takes the bull by the horn and corners Hunky Guy. "You're making us self-conscious, you know. Why all the air freshener?!"

H.G.: "There's a smell...."
Co-W.: What kind of smell? I washed this morning (nervous laugh)."
H.G.: "I don't know--it just smells!!"

After more of this affectionate bantering and much pleading by Co-worker and me, Hunky Guy promises to dispose of air freshener in the name of a greener planet and fewer headaches.

So peace reigns once again in the kingdom of the Cubicle Gnomes...

1 comment:

SnortyBurrito said...

Oh no! I would be sniffing my pits constantly too...